David is very driven individual with a great commitment towards training whether in the gym or on the pitch. Having played Belgium u18 and u20 he has a good future to become a full International player. He took charge of his own pathway by joining Rugby Academy Ireland to challenge himself and to play at a higher level than in Belgium. David has good self-awareness complimented by his game understanding.
NATIONALITY: Irish (and British)
ADDRESS: 25 Rue Elie, Legrève, Limal, Wavre 1300, Belgium
- 2018-2019: UBRFC (University of Bath Ruby) Development squad
- Registered BUCS Athlete
- 2019-2020 RAI Naas senior squad AIL, International Belgium u20
ELITE ATHLETE STATUS
- 2017-2018: The Belgian Francophone Rugby Federation (LBFR) awarded me
- Elite Athlete Status – (statut d’espoir sportif)
- 2013-14: joined Brussels Celtics RFC U15 • promotion from Div.4 to Div. 3
- 2014-15: BBRFC Celtics U16
- Notable games : 7s game vs AVS Gauteng (SA) and XV game vs The Hague (Man of the Match)
- 2015-16: moved to Royal Kituro RFC (Brussels) U16 • In starting line-up and no losses all season (one draw vs Boitsfort RC)
- May 2016: In Kituro starting Line-up for Belgian National U16 Championship (won): Tighthead Prop
- Other notable games: win vs touring side, Victorian Schools U16, Australia (December 2016)
- 2016-17: Royal Kituro RFC U18s – Selected to attend the Kituro Rugby Academy (Hakademie – four times a week after school) from September 2017 to January 2018
- May 2017: In Kituro starting Line-up for Belgian National U18 Championship (won): Loosehead Prop
- 2017-18: Royal Kituro RFC U18s • Top of Q (Qualification) 1 (September-December 2017), in starting line-up and currently competing in Belgium’s national U18 Division 1.
- Other notable games: January 2018 – Friendly vs Holland U18s
- 2014-15: Selected for the Belgian Flemish-Speaking Region U16s (VRB Vlaamse Rugby Bond)
- Notable games : Tournoi International de Quimper, France (4th place)
- 2015-16: Selected for the Belgian French-Speaking Region’s U16s (LBFR – Ligue Belge Francophone de Rugby)
- 2016-17: Selected for the Belgian National Rugby Team U17 XV (FBRB – Fédération de Rugby Belge)
- Awarded Captaincy of the Belgian U17 XV • won international match against Switzerland. Position: Hooker
- Regularly attended POPE (pôle performance) training sessions for the Belgian
- Men’s VII team every Wednesday afternoon.
- 2017-18: Selected for the Belgian National Team U18 XV (FBRB): Hooker.
- 2017-2018 season: Awarded Captaincy of the Belgian U18 XV (Sep 2018-March 2019)
- Notable games: International win against Romania in Amsterdam (February 2018 – Hooker)
- Part of the Belgian XV in the 2018 U18 Men’s XV Rugby Europe Championships held in Poznan, Poland from 23/03 to 01/04 2018
RUGBY CAMPS ATTENDED
- Hagetmau France with RFC Royal Kituro – 2016
- Aubenas, France with the Belgian national team – October 2017
- Lyon, France with the Belgian national team – February 2018
- (plus a number of other weekend training camps)
- 1 month to be spent coaching Rugby in Argentina with Sporting Opportunities (June 2019)
- September 2018 to May 2019 – Bath University, UK. Social Sciences.
- September 2011 to July 2018: European School Brussels 4, Drève Sainte-Anne 86, 1020 Brussels, Belgium
- Passed European Baccalaureate in July 2018. Overall average 8.079 /10 (equivalent to AAA at A level). Please see attachment for subject breakdown.
Setanta College L5 Personal Training REPS, L6 Certificate in Functional Screening and Resistance Training QQI
Certificate in Speed Development Level 3.
SAQ Movement for Speed Certificate
SAQ Speed and Agility Certificate
SAQ Pre-Season Conditioning Certificate
Premier Sports College/SAQ Certificate in Functional Screening
SAFE Rugby course
Affiliated Referees Course IRFU
Stage 2 Coaching Course IRFU
- Dan van Zyl (Director Rugby Academy Ireland) 00353868253066 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephen Barber (BUCS Coach – University of Bath Rugby) +447946495259 – Stephen.email@example.com
- Gabriel Serbu (U16 Coach – Royal Kituro RC) +32497769295 – Serbu.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melanie Channon (Lecturer in Social Policy – Department of Social and Policy Sciences University of Bath) +44 (0) 1225 384513 – M.D.Channon@bath.ac.uk