David is a very driven individual with a great commitment towards training whether in the gym or on the pitch. Having played Belgium u18 and u20 he has a good future to become a full International player. He took charge of his own pathway by joining Rugby Academy Ireland to challenge himself and to play at a higher level than in Belgium. David has good self-awareness complimented by his game understanding.
- 2018-2019: UBRFC (University of Bath Ruby) Development squad
- Registered BUCS Athlete
- 2019-2020 RAI Naas senior squad AIL, International Belgium u20
Elite Athlete Status
- 2017-2018: The Belgian Francophone Rugby Federation (LBFR) awarded me
- Elite Athlete Status – (statut d’espoir sportif)
- 2013-14: joined Brussels Celtics RFC U15 • promotion from Div.4 to Div. 3
- 2014-15: BBRFC Celtics U16
- Notable games : 7s game vs AVS Gauteng (SA) and XV game vs The Hague (Man of the Match)
- 2015-16: moved to Royal Kituro RFC (Brussels) U16 • In starting line-up and no losses all season (one draw vs Boitsfort RC)
- May 2016: In Kituro starting Line-up for Belgian National U16 Championship (won): Tighthead Prop
- Other notable games: win vs touring side, Victorian Schools U16, Australia (December 2016)
- 2016-17: Royal Kituro RFC U18s – Selected to attend the Kituro Rugby Academy (Hakademie – four times a week after school) from September 2017 to January 2018
- May 2017: In Kituro starting Line-up for Belgian National U18 Championship (won): Loosehead Prop
- 2017-18: Royal Kituro RFC U18s • Top of Q (Qualification) 1 (September-December 2017), in starting line-up and currently competing in Belgium’s national U18 Division 1.
- Other notable games: January 2018 – Friendly vs Holland U18s
- 2014-15: Selected for the Belgian Flemish-Speaking Region U16s (VRB Vlaamse Rugby Bond)
- Notable games : Tournoi International de Quimper, France (4th place)
- 2015-16: Selected for the Belgian French-Speaking Region’s U16s (LBFR – Ligue Belge Francophone de Rugby)
- 2016-17: Selected for the Belgian National Rugby Team U17 XV (FBRB – Fédération de Rugby Belge)
- Awarded Captaincy of the Belgian U17 XV • won international match against Switzerland. Position: Hooker
- Regularly attended POPE (pôle performance) training sessions for the Belgian
- Men’s VII team every Wednesday afternoon.
- 2017-18: Selected for the Belgian National Team U18 XV (FBRB): Hooker.
- 2017-2018 season: Awarded Captaincy of the Belgian U18 XV (Sep 2018-March 2019)
- Notable games: International win against Romania in Amsterdam (February 2018 – Hooker)
- Part of the Belgian XV in the 2018 U18 Men’s XV Rugby Europe Championships held in Poznan, Poland from 23/03 to 01/04 2018
- Hagetmau France with RFC Royal Kituro – 2016
- Aubenas, France with the Belgian national team – October 2017
- Lyon, France with the Belgian national team – February 2018
- 1 month coaching Rugby in Argentina with Sporting Opportunities
- September 2018 to May 2019 – Bath University, UK. Social Sciences.
- September 2011 to July 2018: European School Brussels 4, Drève Sainte-Anne 86, 1020 Brussels, Belgium
- Passed European Baccalaureate in July 2018. Overall average 8.079 /10 (equivalent to AAA at A level). Please see attachment for subject breakdown.
- Setanta College L5 Personal Training REPS, L6 Certificate in Functional Screening and Resistance Training QQI
- Certificate in Speed Development Level 3
- SAQ Movement for Speed Certificate
- SAQ Speed and Agility Certificate
- SAQ Pre-Season Conditioning Certificate
- Premier Sports College/SAQ Certificate in Functional Screening
- SAFE Rugby course
- Affiliated Referees Course IRFU
- Stage 2 Coaching Course IRFU
- Dan van Zyl (Director Rugby Academy Ireland)
- Stephen Barber (BUCS Coach – University of Bath Rugby)
- Gabriel Serbu (U16 Coach – Royal Kituro RC)
- Melanie Channon (Lecturer in Social Policy – Department of Social and Policy Sciences University of Bath)
+44 (0) 1225 384513